Thursday, January 14, 2010

sapolsky



I love this man. Well, not the man in the video preview above - the one he's introducing, Robert Sapolsky. His first book that I was fortunate enough to read is The Trouble With Testosterone, and others of his I've enjoyed are Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers and A Primate's Memoir. He's a brilliant and compassionate neurologist and primatologist, spending a lot of time in East Africa studying baboons, and in the process he's learned a lot more about his fellow humans than most of us will be capable of doing. I highly recommend reading any of his books, and watching this video - he's the bearded man that comes on after the introduction.

I also just noticed that he wrote another book in 2005 called Monkeyluv, a collection of essays. No doubt that's going straight on my list. Next year I've got to reread The Trouble With Testosterone (another collection of essays), it was life changing for me in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment