Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review: Diary

Diary

The worst book I've read by Chuck, but that means it's still pretty good. I don't know, I just didn't find it that compelling. His other stuff is so great that perhaps this just could only fall short. Still original and interesting, but I couldn't get that excited about it. First of his I didn't race through and I actually lost interest in the middle.I'm used to scarfing down his books in a day and a half. The story's about this island of old money New England bozos, a prophecy, artistic talent manifesting itself in a newly-arrived spouse, and then catastrophe which turns into financial windfall for the bozos, who then go back to being useless. It's an interesting cycle, but not a very interesting story. Sorry if I ruined it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment